Misleading Core Mechanic

Versch

New player here.

I have played a few games but have recently downloaded translated to English rules. I have an OCD issue with playing and teaching games correctly...I just need to!

In the ENGLISH translation, the Game Idea reads (Core Mechanic):

"GAME IDEA You are leading a merchant and four assistants through the 16 Places of the bazaar. At each Place, you can carry out a specific action. The challenge is that, to carry out an action at any of those Places, your merchant needs the help of an assistant and has to leave him behind. To use that assistant again later, your merchant has to come back to that Place and pick him up. So plan ahead carefully to avoid being left with no assistants and thus unable to do anything …"

I have looked at many videos and forum discussions where players are saying that you MAY take the Merchant (space) action even if you DO NOT LEAVE an Assistant. That you may take the action even by picking up an Assistant.This goes against the games 'Game Idea'. 

By all means, weigh in with your opinions, but I would greatly appreciate an elaboration by a Developer or their representative.

Thank you kindly!

Dano 'The Lord of Tubs'

Yes. The Game Idea is just an oversimplified introduction to the game and not part of the rules. The rules “win” every conflict against non-rules. The rules start on page 2 and page 4 reads that there are two possibilities for the movement: You EITHER a: have an assistant there (then you need to collect the assistant) OR b: you don’t have one (then you need to drop one or your turn ends). Your turn cannot end in case of option a.

Edited by netzhuffle