Hallo Heiko,

danke für die Zwischeninfo. Das ging ja jetzt wirklich flott nach der Umbesetzung bei Chaosium.

Hatte die 7. Edition nach Deinem Vortrag auf der Anrufung gedanklich schon auf Mitte nächsten Jahres verschoben....

Bis zum 17.06. war Deadline für das Peer Review des Revised 7E Rulebooks und Mike Mason hatte glaube ich alle Hände voll zu tun, das Community-Feedback zu sortieren und einzuarbeiten. Jedenfalls schrieb er das im Chaosium-Blog. Da wird man wohl diese Woche nicht mehr viel von hören.
  • Like 1

Man hat sich wohl dazu entschlossen, zunächst die sogenannten Backer Rewards zu verschicken. Das sind all die Goodies, die aus den Strech Goals resultiert sind. Das macht auch Sinn, da ja das Regelwerk noch nicht im Druck sein kann. Übrigens ist momentan immer nur vom Rulebook die Rede. Das ganze Prozedere müsste man ja auch für das Investigator Handbook machen...

Backers rewards will be shipped first.

Any other sales, be it via direct pre-order, distributors, etc. will be shipped after backer rewards have shipped.

Quelle: http://www.yog-sothoth.com/topic/28763-stafford-and-petersen-back-at-chaosium/?p=301709

Edited by Case_Undefined

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, das "große Update" bleibt immer noch sehr vage. Chaosium hat anscheinend eine E-Mail an bestimmte Leute (vorwiegend wohl an solche, die einmal für Chaosium in irgendeiner Form tätig waren) verschickt. Was auch immer dort konkret kommuniziert worden ist...

Dann gibt es jetzt bei YSDC einen "Ask Sandy-Strang". Neben sehr viel Offtopic u.a. anderem dieses hier:

2)      May you elaborate more on Chaosium's "change in direction"?

Sandy – we are not trying to change Chaosium creatively. We are trying to change it financially. We like Call of Cthulhu, BRP, and the fiction line, and want them to thrive.

Soweit, so bekannt (und gut).

3) When 7e backers will get the new timeline for the project?

Sandy – we have no interest in frustrating backers or keeping things mysterious. We ourselves are trying to get a handle on just what is left to do and how much it will cost. I wil. say that we are not interested in having it drag on a week longer than it has to

Also immer noch keine Deadline.

4)    What changes do you want to see happen to the Call of Cthulhu RPG line in the future?

Sandy – well I’d like to see a CoC campaign set in the world of Cthulhu Wars – an after-the-holocaust series of adventures seems like it would be pretty fun. I think we should try to ensure that the CoC products are high-caliber going into the future. I want to focus  more on immediately useful stuff, rather than, say “Cthulhu for President” etc. And I want to investigate the possibility of bringing over some of the excellent original material produced in French & German to the English market.

Hervorhebung durch mich. Das erste ist ein Bekenntnis zu "End Times - The Reaping". Sehr erstaunlich, aber gut.

Der zweite Teile dürfte wohl den Verlag freuen.

14) Will... or can Chaosium do any more Kickstarters at this point?

Sandy – I love Kickstarter. That said, I do not want Chaosium to launch another kickstarter until the current ones are completely fulfilled.

Immerhin, Lessons learned.

• Like 3

(Hervorhebungen durch mich)

1)    How much can you tell us about Chaosium's financial health? Is it as bad as some fear? I would hate to see Chaosium close up shop, but I've been on planet earth long enough to see multiple firms close. Color me concerned about one of my favorites.

Sandy – Chaosium is unhealthy, but not terminally ill. It has a strong IP, good fan support, and a lot of products coming down the chute. While anything can happen in this vale of tears, I do not foresee Chaosium vanishing and indeed, if I felt that was going to happen after Greg & myself took over, I would have opposed the change in management.

Na, immerhin.

2)    Do you have a rough idea when the print versions of 7th will be available to the public? I'm not looking for a specific date, just wondering if maybe before the end of the year or perhaps even longer than that? 

Sandy – our goal is to get CoC7 fulfilled as soon as possible, certainly by the end of the year. We do not have a firm date in hand yet.

Wie gehabt.

1)    do you have any ideas of what could be translated from the French & German to the wider English market?

Sandy – all I really know is that the guys from Pegasus & Sans Detour have proudly shown me large hardcover books, profusely illustrated, and seemingly well-organized. My lack of familiarity with French and German means I am not really able to analyze them beyond production value, but my French & German friends tell me they’re great. Since they’re already finished, and all we need is a translation (which I am told is already finished in some cases), it seems to me like a valuable low-hanging fruit that English-speaking backers would like!

Interessant. Insbesondere die Sache mit der bereits begonnenen Übersetzung, oder?

• Like 4

3)     Which of your published scenarios are you most proud of and why?

Sandy – [...] In terms of my other works, I am really proud of The Haunted House, which appears in every copy of Call of Cthulhu – it has proven to be a terrific “learning” adventure to get people’s toes wet in the pool of Lovecraftian adventure. I am also really happy with Shadows of Yog-Sothoth, our first campaign pack. It was far from perfect, but it showed how a campaign could go, even if not tightly knit together. [...]

Tja, Spuk im Corbitt-Haus halt. :-) Leider ist das nun nicht mehr im Regelwerk. Ob er das schon weiß?

Are there any 7e plans around the Lovecraft Country supplements, particularly Kingsport, Innsmouth, and other volumes not currently available in pdf format?

Sandy – I am kind of daunted by the prospect of re-doing all the old out-of-print supplements for CoC7, frankly. Do you think it is needed?

Hoffentlich nicht über Kickstarter... *scnr*

I favor getting Beyond the Mountains of Madness -- 2nd edition

Sandy – I hope this isn’t a secret, but before Chaosium’s change of management, they were actually working towards a re-do of Beyond the Mountains of Madness. It is now actually on our schedule for I think 2016. Post-CoC7 fulfillment, of course.

:o

What could be the next epic Cthulhu Campaign if you had your chance to do it? 

Sandy – well I keep threatening to do a Cthulhu Wars / CoC campaign – basically an “after the holocaust” series of adventures. I think that a LOT could be done in such a universe.

End Times - The Reaping, wovon es z.Z. nur einen Teaser in Through The Ages gibt.

Frage: Does the company have any plans for future Gaslight books? I believe there was a Gaslight Companion in the works; anything else beyond that? 

Mike Mason (Line Editor): I can also answer this one - we have lots of plans for Gaslight! A number Gaslight books are in development. Its a great setting, and is long due for some love.

Das dürfte doch bestimmt einige hier freuen.

• Like 5