Dark Terrors - Laberthread

Da in diesem Buch etliches zu aktuellen Plotlinien steht, sollte das vielleicht lieber hier diskutiert werden.

Auf Reddit wird schon kräftig auf den Inhalt eingegangen. Hier ein Zitat das schon einiges verrät ...

"Playable insects are 'meh' tier. Like they aren't henious but they aren't interesting enough right now to justify the controversy. It clearly wasn't half assed but just didn't have enough pizzaz to sell itself as worth existing.

CFD ending: 100% better than I expected. It felt a bit rushed, but obviously it is better for it to end too soon and too abruptly than to drag out.

Depiction of infected: I am super glad that there has been an about face on infected and that they are going to become another resident of the weird 6th world, rather than this sorta faceless zombie threat that we have seen so many times. The duality of them basically being refugees but also people who killed to escape torment is very good drama. A+ author saving throw.

Evo: I like how EVO now has potentially sinister elements in it. It was, despite being weird, lacked the hooks other 'nice guy' corps had, like Horizon preforming warcrimes casually, KE doing bad things (that apparently just blew up in its face), and Wuxing being really weird and secritive and clearly up to something. EVO was just really adamant about doing stuff most people would consider a good thing, and now the fact they have a lot of the more opportunistic infected in their ranks there is room.

Monads: Bad name that needs a retry. Like really bad, especially because the term 'ads' is already a pretty important one in SR. It would work if being a monad was a power source but it is silly sounding. Of course names don't exist to be cool. So I am hoping that we get a cool sland name for Monads and some flavorful slurs. I literally sold shadowrun to someone based on the fact he got to play a semi-racist ork who could be angry about "Those fucking Keebs" whenever we fought ancients. Good terminology helps make things instantly evocative and interesting. Minor gripe that probably isn't something any individual chose but still would be neat if we could get a term to throw around that is less clunky and silly.

Infected mechanics (Seriously this is a rather generous book on fluff and its actually going to take a while to digest): The expansion of optional content for weird races is always amazing to see. It allows infected to play into their infected nature mechanically or just leave it as a story element. And while the push to make magical races that can use their race as a full power source without taking a magical quality always will be kinda a losing battle, the ability to advance your race as a power source is always good. Modular content for stuff that most people take for flavor very good to see. It allows everyone to win because it means 'canonical' vampries still work but someone who just wants to be a vampire without dumping 200 karma into it also can exist. I would love to see this for the paracritters priority was brutally unkind to.

A focus on 'yeah sure man whatever go ahead': I like the fact that not only have a lot of books recently been very 'pro weirdo' but also added new content. It is like the polar opposite of how unfun and judgemental the snowflake tax concept is, it really empowers people to just play the games they wanna play. I may not think insect spirit PCs are a good idea as presented, but at least they aren't so violently bad I am mad they exist and if someone is really attached to them I am glad you made it easy for them to get the go ahead to do it with mechanics.

Insect spirit PCs before monad, cyborg, and regular free spirit gen rules: This is weird and feels bad. Especially the cyborgs and free spirits. My group had to NPC a few PCs because of the lack of compatibility (or in the case of AI totally broken rules) and we don't like leaving old friends behind, and would love the chance to unretire them.

Overall feels so far:

It feels like this has the spirit Forbidden Arcana, where there was an effort to make cool shit and to just ensure everyone could make the kinda shadowrun they wanted to play, but with significantly better writing and rules. I really liked a lot of the ideas behind FA mechanics, if not the actual mechanics, and it is nice to see that this may end up being a consistent design philosophy change!"

Klingt teilweise sehr interessant und vielversprechend. Garniert mit dem üblichen Kram um den Powergamer zum Kauf zu verleiten.

Corpheus

Offensichtlich gibt es in dem neuen Buch spielbare Insektengeister?

oh, wir dürfen jetzt auch Ares Konzern SIN wählen? Chic...

Loki

Das ist jetzt aber schon trollen, oder?

hey, hast du niemals davon geträumt, eine total imba Gottesanbeterin Free Insect Spirit mit der Lizenz zum Evil insect kill zu spielen?!

tsss... les doch mal wieder BugCity mit der Clubszene und dann diese sexybitch-Täuschungskörper - genau DAS hat MageRun doch als Freakyfaktor gefehlt, nachdem Drakes aber so was von ausgelutscht waren

#glyphosatproduzentenverschwörung

Edited by Major Wolf

Klingt teilweise sehr interessant und vielversprechend. Garniert mit dem üblichen Kram um den Powergamer zum Kauf zu verleiten.

Nach erster Durchsicht finde ich es tatsächlich aus Plot-Sicht ganz interessant. Das sind die Geschichten, die mich als Spieler reizen.

Fazit: Fluff cool, Crunch-Zeug nicht ganz so cool.

(Insektengeister für Spieler wird es in meinen Runden nicht geben.)

@Corpheus: Dann sehen wir uns nächstes Mal zu einem finsteren "Dark Terrors" Plot? ;-)

Edited by Knight of NI
  • Like 1

Laut Inhaltsverzeichnis aus der Vorschau gibt es auf Seite 85 "New rules for Technomancers".

Was hat es denn damit auf sich?

Und zum Thema NeoNet heist es auf S. 87

"NeoNet Collapse" - Heißt das wirklich, dass einer der großen Zehn fällt, oder wird da "nur" kräftig aufgeräumt?

Edited by Sandorian

Falls ich es richtig verstanden habe: Ja, NeoNET fällt und Spinrad Industries schafft den Sprung zum Triple A ... es hatte sich ja angedeutet - aber Lofwyr wird NOT AMUSED™ sein! ;)

Edited by Karel

Falls ich es richtig verstanden habe: Ja, NeoNET fällt und Spinrad Industries schafft den Sprung zum Triple A ... es hatte sich ja angedeutet - aber Lofwyr wird NOT AMUSED™ sein! ;)

...Und plötzlich ergibt die Tarot-Karte "Höhere Macht" mit der Nr. 5 einen Sinn...

(EDIT: Doppel-Spoiler-Schutz!)

Edited by Knight of NI

Wir sind bereits im Spoilerbereich. ;)

Macht der Gewohnheit ;) 

Aber in Punkto NeoNet sind das ja durchaus interessante Entwicklungen. - Und ja, da wird wohl jemand sein Büro renovieren lassen müssen.  :lol:

Irgendjemand Infos zu den Neuerungen für Technomancer?

Edited by Sandorian
  • Like 1