Pulverdampf & Feenstaub

Foxfire

Das natürlich ohne Frage und ich behaupte auch nicht das der Feenlord der Metaebene Arkadien mit einer Drohne umgehen können soll.

Mann sollte nur nicht damit Rechnen das man dort durch Technik überlegen wird. Vor allem das sie überhaupt wie gewünscht Funktioniert.

Natürlich kommt es hierbei auf die Umsetzung an... und wenn man diese nicht mag sollte man sich entweder arangieren oder als Gruppe beschließen die Metaebenen ganz weg zu lassen.

Edited by Lyr

Auch wenn noch nicht soviel über das Shadow-Court Buch bekannt ist.

Was haltet ihr davon, Feen aus den Metaebenen in Shadowrun?

immer her damit :D

Terry Pratchetts Elfen waren auch ganz schön Düster & Böse

Muss ja nicht alles Friede,Freude, Sonnenblumen & Apfelkuchen sein ;)

der mit Feen und Elfen tanzt

Medizinmann

• Like 1

In Dark Ages Fae haben Feen nichts mit Elfen gemein und man kann sie auch nicht wirklich als Böse bezeichnen. Viel mehr sind sie eine Art Naturgeister (trifft es aber auch nicht wirklich) die nicht in Kategorien wie Gut und Böse denke und auch nicht einzuordnen sind.

Fremdartig trifft es da wohl am ehesten.

Dabei aber nicht so Fremdartig das man sie nicht darstellen könnte.

Von Monica Valentinelli, die für Court of Shadows in der Verantwortung zu stehen scheint:

Quelle: http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/145003844626/court-of-shadows-design-files-1-unearthing-t%C3%ADr

Hey Runners!

My name is Monica Valentinelli. You may have read my work before, but just in case you haven’t, I’ve been in the industry for over ten years now and I’ve contributed to game lines such as Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition and Unknown Armies Third Edition. I developed the Firefly RPG line, and I’m now developing the Hunter: the Vigil 2nd Edition core rulebook. If you’re still curious about me, you can check out my website at: www.mlvwrites.com.

Today, I’m here to hint about a brand new addition to the Shadowrun line that is set in Tír na nÓg and land beyond called the Court of Shadows. Every book begins with an idea and, in my case, it started with a meeting filled with them. At Gen Con: Indy 2015, Jason Hardy and I sat down to discuss the raw bones of what a Shadowrun book set in the realm of faery might look like. The possibility of adding a nuanced and bold new setting for Shadowrun was really exciting to me, and my head was bursting with “What if…” questions. My Shadowrun games had typically involved mega-corporations to varying degrees, for example, so I was curious to explore what a street samurai or a rigger would do in the Seelie Court and associated realms. Would a technomancer be able to better navigate the realm than a decker? How would they get there? Which faeries would be active in the realm, and what motivates them to act? And, most importantly, why would a group want to play there in the first place?

Of course, these questions speak to the fundamentals of game design. What do the players do when they’re sitting together in a group? And what motivates the individual player to act? In order to answer those questions, Jason had already framed a basic outline for the book by the time I came on board which was, in part, based on our Gen Con discussion. Then, we brainstormed several possibilities to build off of the scorebook (pp. 29-30, SR5) and add exciting options and styles of play. Before we could address all of the deeper aspects of the realm of faerie, however, we needed to identify the two key aspects of the Seelie Court itself: what types of faeries will the players encounter, and how are they organized.

Before I talk about how we’ve decided to frame the Court, which I’ll address in my next post, I want to dive into the fae themselves. To stay true to the Shadowrun setting, Jason decided to pull from folklore and myth that encompassed Celtic lore, but also wanted to incorporate multicultural myths and legends. This was a pretty easy task for me to research—especially given the size of my library at home—so I tapped into several different books and used a few sites to cross-check naming conventions. I was able to quickly put together a giant list of faeries that included Chinese fox spirits, the English bogle Old Cutty Soams, the Algonquin Wendigo, the Japanese Chin-chin Kobakama, the Slavic malevolent Blud, and dozens more based on type of environment and nationality. Then, Jason was kind enough to ask me to recommend writers for the project, too, to ensure that our team would build upon this core foundation from different angles and perspectives. I’m happy to report that though the Celtic focus remains integral to the Seelie Court setting, the list of fae creatures that’ll be addressed in this book definitely speaks to the many different types of characters found in Shadowrun.

While writing about the various types of faeries and what they can do is incredibly important to this new way to play Shadowrun, I opted to dive into worldbuilding for my contribution to the book. I was really drawn to the bones that Jason and I had set, and wanted to flesh out the factions of the Court. Next time, I’ll talk about what those are, and why I think you’ll be as excited as I am by the Court of Shadows.

Wenn ich das so lese, ist meine Sorge tatsächlich, dass die ganze Unsterbliche Elfen-Politik des Seelie Court-Hintergrunds unbeachtet bleibt. (Ich nehme an, manche finden das gut.) Ich denke allerdings in die Richtung ging es auch schon im Aetherology.

Was nicht hilft:

Then, Jason was kind enough to ask me to recommend writers for the project, too, to ensure that our team would build upon this core foundation from different angles and perspectives.

Das deutet (neben dem Anheuern von Valentinelli selbst) darauf hin, dass sie das Buch von Leuten schreiben lassen wollen, die Shadowrun jedenfalls nicht sehr genau kennen. Ich frage mich wieso?

Schließlich das mit dem keltischen Fokus, aber hier sind viele feenartige Wesen aus anderen mythischen Traditionen, verstehe ich auch nicht so richtig. Sind die dann zu Besuch oder wie? :D Und hoffentlich erwähnt noch jemand, dass der Wendigo schon anderweitig verwurstet wurde, genauso wie viele andere ähnliche Figuren auch.

• Like 1

....hmmm

was wäre den noch frei?

der deutsche Schrat

Bestinger in all ihren Facetten ginge auch noch.

Dann noch diverse Einmalnennungen von Märchengestalten in walisischen/schottischen und irischen Handschriften.

Also, zungenbrecherische Namen gäbe es da genug, nur niemanden, der damit eine Transferbildung machen könnte.

Aber vielleicht sind ja ein paar altsumerische Lamassu (zum durchs Settin trampeln) und altpersische Simurg zu Besuch ;)

I think you’ll be as excited as I am by the Court of Shadows.

Frightened not excited.

Jetzt da mir bewusst wird das Hardy da eng mitmischt...

Die Dame klingt ja recht kompetent und ihre "Arbeitsbeispiele" klingen auch nicht so verkehrt

ABER

trotzdem frightened.

P.S.: Wenn sie jemanden mit Erfahrung im Schänden und verdrehen von alten Mythen & Legenden suchen...

Ich hätte ja mal bei Disney gefragt!

Edited by Foxfire

Design Blog #2, Monica Valentinelli

Quelle: http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/145678144141/court-of-shadows-design-files-2-avoiding-the

One of the challenges with worldbuilding is something I like to call the “monolith”. Sometimes, to describe an alternate world quickly and efficiently, an entire continent is covered with lush, rich jungles, or a city home to millions of people is filled with high-tech skyscrapers reaching for the sky. Our world, though, our reality, history, and our peoples aren’t like that at all. We may default to stereotypes because that’s a shortcut, but just like New York isn’t all skyscrapers and South America isn’t one big jungle waiting to be explored, the world of Shadowrun is as diverse as our own.

In any faerie setting, there are certain tropes tied to the existence of a court, fairy ring, or a fairy mound. Often, there might be an exotic banquet hall filled with food mortals can’t/shouldn’t eat or drink, and fae who are all alien and terrifyingly beautiful. Historically, these fae tend to be ageless, timeless creatures beyond our understanding, who have lived so long their existence is a fading memory, and they do not follow the rules or laws of mortals.

Of course, in order to be considered a world of faerie, I feel that certain tropes—like the Unseelie and Seelie Courts—need to be included to ground you and help fulfill your expectations. And, certainly, we will be exploring some of those tropes in Court of Shadows through the lens of the Shadowrun setting with a new twist. As we discussed the setting further, however, we became concerned that the less details we provided, the more we ran the risk of creating a monolithic faery culture—which would only wind up boring you at your gaming table. So, after we focused on ensuring the Court of Shadows would highlight so many different types of fae, we decided to build off of that to avoid the monolith and create a unique, diverse setting fitting for runners everywhere.

Thus, Jason and I decided to do something really cool, something tied to Shadowrun in a meaningful and thematic way—that would also fuel your imagination as well. We decided to use the Sixth World Tarot thematically in order to develop fully fleshed out the Seelie Court’s factions that are active in this world. Each represents a group of fae that are not only pursuing a goal that best represents the Major Arcana, but also helps add layers of meaning to the faeries you and your players will encounter in the Court of Shadows. In fact, this bit is so important I’m going to write about it next time, too, because you’ll get to see how and when and where all these pieces will align in new and interesting ways.

Next time, I’m going to talk about the tarot and how it applies to the fae. Stay tuned, runners, for more about the upcoming Court of Shadows.