Shadowrun Chronicles

Loki

Wer das Spiel noch durch daddeln will, hat nur noch den November:

Denn es gab jetzt einen Facebook Post von Jan Wagner,
er verlässt die Firma Cliffhanger und macht seine eigenen Sachen unter neuem Label.
Shadowrun Chronicles wird eingestellt, da die Lizenz ausläuft.
Den Soundtrack kann man sich hier mit Dropbox runter laden.

Zitat des Beitrages:

As some of you may have already read, we are unfortunately going to close down SRC end of November.
The license has run out and with us not making any serious money from the game, Microsoft has no interest in renewing it.
On top, repeated ransomware attacks on our servers have meant maintenance was getting even more work than we can manage.

So, there is nothing left but to thank all of you who have played the game and supported (or criticized) us over the years.
You are simply the best community we could have wished for and we hope you enjoyed the game at least a little.

If you want to listen to some soundtrack and other tracks we considered for the game, take a listen here:
[url=https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vzumrl4l33cjzwv/AAAQCujSS_aFk9pW7vdweLxQa?dl=0[]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vzumrl4l33cjzwv/AAAQCujSS_aFk9pW7vdweLxQa?dl=0[

I (Primetide) am also leaving Cliffhanger after more than a decade of trying to do decent games with some integrity
and little commercial success and have founded www.underground-games.rocks for some board game action.

As there are only a few weeks left on this we have some Deluxe and Infected keys to give away.

Just subscribe to our newsletter on Underground Games and get a free key sent you can use or gift to your friends for a last round of co-op Shadowrun goodness!
Thank you and I will see you in the shadows!
So ein Mist... Würde das doch bloß offline laufen.

Positiv erwähnen sollte man noch, dass Jan möglichst viel vom Spiel über die Restlebensddauer hinaus verfügbar machen will,
der Soundtrack war ein Anfang, ich hab nach Rollenspielkrams gefragt und vielleicht kommt da noch mehr.
Ingo macht sich da auch stark. Vielleicht gibt es da schon nach der Spiel Neuigkeiten (oder ihr verfolgt das auch Facebook)
Es wird auch sondiert, ob es technische Community Lösungen gibt, ohne die Lizenz zu verletzen (die da ja lautet "nur Online" und "nur bis...")

Aber es gibt noch Hoffnung, dass irgendwie irgendwas erhalten bleibt:

Frage von mir:

Gibt es außer dem Soundtrack noch Sachen, die ihr zur Verfügung stellen könnt für Pen & Paper Online Runden? Portraits, Karten, ...

Antwort:

ja wir haben da material, mal sehen ob ich das veröffentlichen
kann nach und nach.

Und Ingo meinte noch

Da Ihr in Sachen Metaplot Boston (und KFS) auch (mit) federführend wart, wäre es spannend,
Euer Konzept für den Rest der Geschichte zu bekommen.
Eine kurze Zusammenfassung, ein Post-Mortem oder ein, zwei Abenteuer in der Mephisto - ich bin gern behilflich.

Antwort

das mach ich gerne, wir haben ja einiges gehabt an metaplot

Andere Frage:

So, does that at least mean you will implement an update that'll allow us to keep on playing in singleplayer?
Or what happens if the servers shut down for good?

Antwort:

As for any online game the game will cease to function.
However, we are talking to some people who may want to run a private server and checking how we can help make that work.

Problem ist hier halt die Lizenz, die war bloß für Online Spiele und zeitlich wohl auch befristet - als Firma will man sich ja keine Strafe einhandeln,
sie achten aber wohl sehr auf die Fans und sind bemüht wie gewohnt - finde ich wirklich gut.

Zitat aus der Steam Gruppenankündigung:

Well, we are no longer allowed to operate it due to the license...
we do own the code and theoretically we can dump that somewhere and people can simply try and get it to work,
but we cannot be involved in this and I would think twice to try and operate something that partially is owned by Microsoft...

Hey all, we have told our Publisher to stop selling it...actually weeks ago.
They have not done so yet and I can't evcen access the store page, but at the same time we did not want to wait any longer to tell you guys.
With regards to Steam or anyone running servers: The cost is only half of the issue - Steam won't touch a license that is no longer owned.
Now a private server is another thing, I don't think Microsoft is at all interested if that would happen
(heck, they were not even interested in us, but we cannot risk the legal implications of ignoring the license ending).

We cannot help much with the set-up, seeing how Cliffhanger has no one working there any more,
but if someone is serious about doing that please reach out to me.

I have created a Steam Group for any players that want to stay in touch:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/bostonsurvivors

Zur besagten Serverdiskussion geht es hier:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/267750/discussions/7/3276824488731133170/

Edited by Trollchen
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Man kann es danach nicht mehr zocken?

Es wurde die Möglichkeit in Aussicht gestellt, dass MADE (Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment) das Spiel als Ausstellungsstück aufnimmt und einen Server bereitstellt. Aber ich weiß nicht, ob das tatsächlich passieren wird.

Bei Facebook wurde einige der ausstehenden Probleme dazu aufgeführt: https://www.facebook.com/ShadowrunChronicles/posts/2005091956244937